Friday, July 23, 2010

Trouble, Oh Trouble

"You're eatin' my heart away and there's nothin' much left of me"


Now for a little something of my very own creation:

losing your shadow as the crowd tears it from your skin
best stop cutting your puppet strings
they'll catch you lying through your teeth
and they'll just as soon sew your truths
hang them up for all to see

losing the star that's guiding you through
to pale yellow streetlamp light
taste the salt pressed to your cheeks
convictions splinter beneath your feet
hang them up for all to see

wake up you're metal heart
bring it back to me
wake up your metal heart
bring it back to me
don't fall any further down
without taking me with you

I'll fall asleep with the phone resting on my stomach
So if the world is spinning too fast
Come to me and I'll slow it down
I'll keep a foot inside your circle
I could never let you go
Under my skin, You've gotten under my skin

Write away who you are
Cause you're only playing a part
I couldn't see through
And all I wanted was you
And I would kill off my light
To hold you even through eternal night

Copyright 2010

1 comment: